Saturday, December 30, 2006

BodyWorlds

Tonight I went to Science World to see the BodyWorlds exhibit, and it was crazy awesome. In short, corpses that have been plastinated are displayed in various poses and states of dissection. They have in-depth displays and cross sections of every major body part, showing both healthy and diseased organs. I learned more about the body tonight than I have in any biology class I've taken or anatomy book I've read. I only wish I could have brought my sketchbook (I went with family, and I doubt they would have wanted to sit around watching me draw), or at least taken photos to remind me of what I saw.

I seriously recommend going to see this if it shows up in a town near you. It really makes you think of body in a whole new way. If you're an artist, it's the best anatomy lesson you'll ever get for $20.

No comments: