Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Misogyny in geek culture

My homeboy Toadpole has been writing a few really good posts on his blog about how misogyny is not only tolerated, but celebrated in certain areas of geek culture, specifically in reference to Sin City, and the upcoming Grindhouse.

The original post
A response to criticism of the original post

While I totally agree with what he says, I loved Sin City and I'm really looking forward to Grindhouse. But it's despite these flaws, not because of them. So I guess I don't take the same zero tolerance stance as he does, but that doesn't mean I'm going to deny the faults just because I happen to like the rest of the movie.


Wait, does anyone besides Toadpole even read this blog anyway?

1 comment:

saraeanderson said...

Hey - that post is set to "private" on your friend's blog - is there any way I could see it? You can email it to me at saraeanderson(at)gmail(dot)com. I'd be pretty interested, as someone who kind of winces at the "all in good fun" attitude around these movies.